Yuan Source Points Theory and Applications
* The Yuan Source points are where the Yuan Qi, the body’s primordial Qi, pools.
* Each of the 12 meridians has a Yuan Source point including the TH which is also the meridian responsible for circulating the Yuan Qi.
* With their relationship to the primordial Qi, the Yuan Source points indicate the nature of Yin in the body and the Yin Yuan Points can be used to tonify the 5 Yin Organs (HT, LU, SP, KD, LV) a/or as diagnostic tools for the 5 Yin Organs.
* The Yang Yuan Points are not used to tonify yang organs but can be used to expel pathogenic factors a/or release excess patterns.
* LI 4 – expel wind heat
* TH 4 – clears heat from the GB
* SI 4 – treat pain along the SI meridian
* ST 42 – acute facial paralysis from wind-cold
* GB 40 – resolve LV Qi stagnation
* UB 64 – resolve damp cold in the lower warmer
Yuan Source Points Chart –